Important Update: Our Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
I simply want to write this post to assure you that we take any health threat very seriously and are making every effort to ensure we prepare and deliver your food in the safest manner possible.
As a result of this virus spreading, many individuals are opting to reduce exposure risk to the virus by limiting how much they leave their homes. Therefore, we feel that it’s our responsibility to go above and beyond our normal high standards for hygiene and cleanliness as we recognize individuals are deciding to order from services like ours even more so now, in order to minimize the contamination risk of going out for a meal or to the grocery store.
Because of the nature of our business being in a commercial grade kitchen, we work directly with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on an ongoing basis who’s recommendations regarding this virus we have been continually implementing.
We are also following recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), to ensure that we have the most up-to-date information to guide our policies and procedures.
I wanted to share some additional measures we have put in place to ensure you and other clients’ safety:
- Education and training are fundamental to fighting any kind of epidemic. We have held and are in the process of holding, company-wide educational training on the transmission, recognition, and treatment of this virus.
- In a further effort to protect our clients, we have suspended unnecessary visits to our facility.
- We have enhanced techniques used to clean our facility paying particular attention to high touch point areas, to include doors and buttons, door handles, light switches, all kitchen equipment, desk and table surfaces, and bathroom fixture handles.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our staff. This includes:
- If they are not feeling well or an immediate family member is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid passing it to others.
- Keep their hands clean and wash their hands properly. We ask that they use hand sanitizer whenever possible.
- Regularly wiping down and sanitizing their workspace.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle (proper diet, sleep and exercise) to help keep their immune system strong.
- Importantly, if they have flu-like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care.
As you know we come to your home and/or business weekly, if you desire ANY special request regarding your delivery, please let us know.
We are a health and wellness company. Therefore, your health and well-being are our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in us.
Jordan Galasso, Fit AF Founder